Monday, September 8, 2008

Red Carpets and Firemen: T Dot Break

For those of you who are not down with the Canadian abbrevs, T Dot (or T. or T.O.) refers to the great rival city, Toronto. I was there this past weekend visiting some very good friends whom I had not seen in 3 whole years! The occasion now was for a 25th surprise birthday part which was a huge hit and an amazing experience (picture this: a city scavenger hunt via limosines, meeting up with mutual friends whom I also had not seen in a long while, hovering around the Red Carpet of the Toronto Film Festival, and seeing Deepah Mehta, almost seeing MJ Fox, Brian Adams, James Cameron and Steve Nash -we missed them by 15 minutes! -taking a photo inside a firetruck and having a really hot fireman ask you for a kiss... does it get any better than that? actually, it does -the company was fabulous throughout, and the food delish -my friends know how to eat! Remember this for life: if you don't enjoy food, spectacularly yummy food, we can't hang out anymore).

So... totally worth the 7-hour bus-ride each way.

Also, today I had the most amazing coincidence, running into an old friend that I had been thinking about this past week, when I was on the third floor of Mac Med ("Mac" being local shorthand for the McIntyre Medical Building at McGill). We will hopefully have tea soon (though not bubble tea, which I am still craving and missing very much).

I watched "House" for the first time this evening. No verdict yet -but leaning towards "I think it's kinda dumb".

By the way, I never actually kissed the fireman. Probably my biggest regret of the weekend. But let's be serious, this weekend had very little regret at all on the whole -a nice, escapey break indeed!

On a related note though, I've been trying to work on a new short story for the last few days and it's been so hard actually getting the time I need to write -so frustrating, because I started it and am in love with it already and just want to finish up the first draft already! Oh well, lots of cool meetings and more free lunch (tomorrow) this week to look forward to... and 3 histology labs 3 days in a row starting Wednesday. I know. Woohoo.

1 comment:

Julia said...

are there as many free lunches in med school as in college? have you started anatomy lab yet?

ps thanks for the text!!! miss you!!