Sunday, March 28, 2010

Post-Baking...

So, yes. I did, in fact, actually bake. I didn't pull the "oh it would be nice to start baking in theory" stunt. Just pulled out my first batch of chocolate chunk/chip cookies, which are huge because how would i know those dollops would expand into massive, flat... things. The dough tasted a bit salty for some reason, even though i put everything in exactly like the recipe said to, except I cut the sugar quantity in half, just like my mum always does. Cookies are successful in being crispy on the outside, soft and gooey on the inside, but they crumble a bit -why is that? Anything to do with the changed sugar to everything else ratio? And although the cookies are not quite as salty as the raw dough, they taste just a tad on the saltier side... I don't know. I feel a bit discouraged to be honest. Like how am I going to one day bake the world's most fabulous red velvet cake if I can't even get a batch of standard, run-of-the-mill chocolate chip cookies done right? Sigh.

I have a headache now. True, I did eat a massive Sunday buffet brunch at this Indian restaurant in the West Island that I had never been to before... fried fish, tandoori chicken, another kind of barbecued chicken, pakoras and puri-chaat... those were just the appetizers (I went up twice for these). Then three naan slices with aloo gobi, butter chicken, lamb curry and spicy chicken curry (this was in 2 plate-fulls). Then dessert of kheer and gulab jammun... that was done thrice. And a cup of chai. Then in making my cookies, I ate some cookie dough. Then of course once the cookies were made, even though I felt like I was going to explode, I had to try 3/4 of one, having already downed 2 glasses of water to compensate for the salty dough. Now I really feel bloated, sick, tired... I even did yoga this morning (but apparently not enough to prepare for all these obnoxious assaults on my body...).

Really... I should just fast the rest of the day. Maybe a nap will help before trying to study... gotta get rid of this food overload, but I feel too tired to join my father for a walk. Ok... here's the plan: nap for half an hour, learn how to read ECGs better for 30-60 min, read some Blueprints afterwards. God give me strength. At least we know I won't get hungry in between...

No comments: