Tuesday, October 6, 2009

All the Heart's Longing in a Brief Moment

I feel tired of all this. Time for a pause, really. My glass of water is half. My stomach is full. It's already dark outside and it's not yet 7. The world feels still and yet moves too fast. One can feel alone in a room full of people, and full of comfort when actually alone. Turning on a light just made me smile. I'm trying to build a fortress around my sanctuary -keep the worries out. But they niggle and crawl and butt their heads against it. All waters should be like the turquoise and opaly Egirdir. I miss my curly, red-headed friends right now. Kindred spirits from what seems like another life ago... I miss you all at different times (consider that a compliment to your individuality).

I'm aching to write in a real way... I want the rush, the high... that feeling of entrallment and infatuation with one's own elusive characters... but here I sit and I am bound. Remind me not to love this cage -it would be such a shame to never fly, just when my wings will have grown in.

No comments: