Saturday, October 3, 2009

Writing on a late-night high... drunk on naught

And by naught, I mean, little sleep and lots of tiredness to the point where there is no energy left to worry about things.

I ought to write something beautiful today. It's nearly 2 a.m. and there's darkness all around me except for the light on my desk and... one another light. The rain is tinkling gently on the loft pane. I haven't really taken the time to just sit here with you and write the real write. It's hard to get there oftentimes (especially with new stresses and a tendency towards compulsive and control-freak-like behaviours under said stress), but well, there's lots of blessings. Like yesterday, I almost beat the next bus, walking home from the metro (the 5 minutes by which I lost was really such a tragedy... the longest 5 minutes of life!). Still, that means that my brisk walk home was rather impressive. And tonight I had a lovely time catching up with friends, hanging out at a new place (Pullman -on Parc above Sherbrooke -trying out new places is really one of the bestest things I think... next on the list: Byblos, Rumi, a friend's other brunch place mentioned, and 2 tapas places...).

But so, Pullman. If you like the drinkies, very nice wines for very not-that-expensive (I was designated driver, so after a sip of something white and a little fruity, I had a 7up with grenadine... yes, this is commonly known as something else, but let's save some face here by going with the 'grown-up' sounding description ;). Tapas on the other hand, on the pricey side -but worth the experience... scallops, 'the best grilled cheese in Montreal' (to be honest, I don't think I've ordered grilled cheese at a restaurant in Montreal in my life), salmon tartar thing, chocolate con churros (now this is the shiiiiiiiiz), beets with something... all very nice indeed.

I need to start working out in a serious fashion (but in order to do so, I think I will require adequate athletica to replace my 4 year-old running shoes...).

Grey's Anatomy, also good these days. Mer-Der gettin' a bit old, but lots of other juice to keep things flowing.

Remind me that I have to track down this Kashmiri philosophical romantic that I met in Dubai so that I can scoop up his lifestory and just make a character for my novel after him.

Also in the spring (or fall if the rain'll just quit), I would like to go visit McGill's Arboretum in St. Anne-de-Bellevue. There's apparently some pretty hikes around there too...

I'm flirting with the idea of going to Egypt with some friends for 2 weeks in early December after exams.

I know, such an un-poetic line on which to end this post. Well, what to do.

No comments: