Friday, December 11, 2009

Post-BOM days...

So I am not only bathing in rose petals but drinking rose water these days... it's intoxicating, delicious -wonderful (I am not literally bathing or drinking in these ethereal creatures, don't worry -I may be a little crazy, but I haven't lost it completely!). Life is good.

Post-BOM (Basis of Medicine) life is great. I am in Vancouver, chillin' out with my sister before spending more time with the family. It is good -restful, and I can be supportive where I'm needed, and I can go into my little cocoon or cave or whatever and rejuvenate my body and mind however they need. I have goosebumps from head to toe. Because it's freezing here every time I leave the bedroom (there is no concept of central heating on the West Coast -despite the snow and cold weather that they have been getting for the last 10 years, they are still in denial about the true nature of their winters...) -I have to debate whether or not the joys and benefits of a shower actually outweigh the cost of freezing entirely upon exit from the tub and exacerbating the whatever minor infection that I'm fighting.

I've been working on planning out my holidays -which friends to visit when and where, what I'll be doing in New York, is it possible to change my Amtrak ticket to leave a day sooner, etc, etc... I realized this morning that I would really love to go to Cafe Ceramique when I get back home, and also I want to work on a new short story, and practice the piano a bit and... read... and do those things that bring me so much joy. But right now I feel exhausted and tend to have a headache most of the day, which prevents me from doing little else than napping. And it's not like I nap and then I'm full of energy. I nap and it's hard as hell to get out of bed. What is wrong with me. Am I really that exhausted from the last BOM stretch?

Anyways, time to return to the revelry of my daydreams... maybe drink some ginger and honey tea and... take a little nap.

No comments: