Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Bathing in Rose Petals and Anticipating the Holidays!

I know my posts have been strangely infrequent of late. A lot has been going on and not exactly the kind of thing one expresses through this medium. But well. I love writing for you too, so what shall we talk about today?

I wonder if there's actually somewhere in the world where people can bathe in rose petals. Wouldn't that be a whole other-worldly experience? This image keeps coming to me and it would be cool if it existed in real life. A whole big fragrant basin of red and pink silky softness floating over the dark world below. No? It's just me?

Studying goes along. Lots of cancer out there. Simultaneously bleak and hopeful I suppose. Also, I'm convinced that we're all a little psychotic once in a while. And prenatal genetics screening really does seem mainly like another way to worry prospective parents, despite having the intention of 'educating / informing, preparing, etc...' Oh and the elusive epidemiology. Everyday I think I've got it. Then I go back to it the next day and find something that I wasn't quite as clear about as I thought I was. YouTube videos are helpful in this regard "if p is low, null must go"...

I'm ready for my break though. Vancouver with family will be lovely, followed by New York with friends. I was looking at what's on Broadway and in Lincoln Center these days... so much, so exciting! Rush tickets = best invention of life. Definitely have to see something at least one night that I'm there (although I remember with fondness that very first trip ever to New York City when I was 18 and we saw 2 in 4 nights... if it was possible, I would go everyday!)... like right now in NYC, Jude Law is starring in "Hamlet" (and apparently rush tickets for that is just $30), John Stamos in "Bye Bye Birdie"... would love to go see "South Pacific" at Lincoln Center (Rogers & Hammerstein... sigh) but that's a bit on the expensive side... anyway, anything new that I haven't already seen would be wonderful.

Also I'm already dreaming of those cookies at Levain Bakery... anyway, of course the best part will be seeing all those friends I haven't seen for the last year and half since graduation! And of course, watching lots of movies and sleeping a lot, reading for pleasure, getting some stuff done before school starts...

Well, better get back to studying (and I will probably try my hands again at the piano for my next study break... you wouldn't know I played for 15 years at the frequency of once per year that I have been playing since I quit... I really should keep that up better...)

hugs and kisses--

No comments: